Do you have an area in your home that needs a custom storage solution? To start the process of improving your home organization, browse our gallery for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a member of our Chicago home organization design team. Or you can call us toll free at 1-800-4-CLOSET.
10 Reasons to Organize Your Home This Summer
Organization is the key to home improvement this summer. Whether you are improving an existing space or moving to a new space, home organization and storage is vital. Consider both the cost of clutter in your home, and more cost-effective ways to improve your living spaces.
- 64% of Americans are unsatisfied with the amount of storage space in their home
- 80% of the clutter in homes is a result of disorganization, not lack of space
- Managing the volume of clutter has been directly linked to elevated levels of stress
- The average american burns 55 minutes a day looking for things
- 23% of adults say they pay bills late because they lose them
- Eliminating clutter reduces an average of 40% of housework
- 27% of unused storage is piled up in bedrooms
- 25% of clothing in closets goes unworn
- The most sought after storage spaces in new homes include walk in kitchen pantries, laundry rooms, and garage storage space
- It is estimated that there is $15,000,000,000 in unused gadgets in junk drawers around the world
* Source: Ikea