Ten Fashionable Falls Trends
It's that time of year when - at least in the midwest - we take the tank tops and shorts out of our primary closet space and bring in the wool jackets and sweaters.
And sometimes we even purchase a few new items to jazz up the ensembles we're a bit tired of.
So what are the big trends for fall 2011?
1. Statement Coats - like these graphic, bold ones from Burberry.
2. Menswear looks on ladies - think suits, pinstripes, belts, even cuffs on pants.
3. Patchwork - like we saw in the 70's (if you can remember back that far). It's not a look I even slightly like or have any intention of adding to my wardrobe.
4. Python - the reptile look is big, big, big. And I really like it, like it, like it!
5. Jewelry. Lots and lots of jewelry. Big. Chunky. Clanky. Shiny.
6. Colored Fur. It doesn't have to be real. We're not trying to make a statement on fur. We're just saying you will see lots of it in all shapes, sizes and, in particular, colors. Could be a purple fur jacket or a turquoise fur purse - you decide what's right for you.
7. Hats - as protective gear and as a fashion statement. You'll see cashmere beanies and glamourous, wide-brimmed wool.
8. Gloves - how appropriate that both hats and gloves are big this fall? Both are taking on the bold colors and designer elements. You'll see anything from polka dots to high contrast, graphic prints.
9. Red - all shads and all things - from pants to tops to purses.
10. Black and White worn together. It might be derived from the "Black/White" store, it might be derived from the first lady, but it's here, there and everywhere. This is from Burberry.
So what are your favorites? What looks will you add to your closet for fall 2011?