How to Stop the Clutter!!
There is nothing like the feeling of coming home after a long days work to be greeted by the clutter of yesterday. It’s exhausting to have to clean and organize the same spaces in your home everyday. That’s why the best solution is not just to clean and organize, but to keep the mess from reappearing. Of all the cluttered spaces in our homes, the most vulnerable to excess clutter are the entryway/mudroom and the closet spaces. These home organization tips will alleviate the clutter build up in these two hot spot spaces in your home.
Entryway / Mudroom Organization Ideas
- If you have an entryway without anywhere to store coats, shoes, purses or other important items then take time to organize your items into keep, toss, donate and re-locate piles.
- Once the items are removed, brainstorm storage ideas on the best way to use your entryway space. Do you need baskets for shoes or bags? Hooks for coats or keys?
- Sometimes the best solution is to make one simple change, like relocating less worn items to the bedroom.
- If you are adding a new entryway or mudroom organization system then make sure to let your family know just how you would like to have the new space organized.
Closet Storage Ideas
- Choose your first, most cluttered closet or shelf to begin organizing. Remove all the items in the space and sort using the keep, toss, donate, and re-locate method.
- Once the space is empty, think about ways to improve your closet organization. Is it set up in a logical way, with the most important items easily accessible? Is there a hamper or basket for laundry? Do you need to add more dividers?
- Try and simplify and limit your clothing options so that your closet space doesn’t attract excess mess.
- If the clutter seems uncontrollable the best solution can often be a custom closet system tailored to your exact organization needs.
By spending some time organizing these two clutter-attracting areas you will greatly improve the look and feel of your home.
Do you have an area in your house that needs a custom storage solution? To start the process of customizing your own space, browse our options and accessories section for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a designer from our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 1-800-4-CLOSET.