Designing and Installing An "Out of Sight" Home Office/Guest Room (with Photos!)
We recently helped a client with a custom project for their home office/guest room. This very creative client made unique requests that provided us with new and exciting design challenges. The requests included:
- A queen size wall bed with a television attached to the outside of the bed
- Two pivoting desks that would slide into a compartment on the side of the room when the bed was needed
- A countertop for the desk leg compartment that could fold down when the leg was in and fold up to be flush with the rest of the counter when desk was out
- Maximum storage for files and office items as well as space for linens for the bed
- Locked storage cabinet for firearms
We knew that this would be a very custom wall bed/home office project for us. So, we enlisted two of our talented engineers to help make this project happen. Together we came up with a custom design to present to our client. After a few tweaks, we had a final plan for their home office. We engineered and built a curved leg with wheels that allowed the support leg to move smoothly on carpet. The final installation was beautifully completed by one of our talented installers. To complete the look of the room, we included some designer details such as frosted glass, LED lighting and attractive hardware components.
Our client is now in love with their bedroom/office multipurpose room! See the the full set of pictures HERE
Do you have an area in your house that needs a custom storage solution? To start the process of customizing your own space, browse our options and accessories section for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a member of our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 1-800-4-CLOSET.