Mudroom Storage Tips for Get Organized Month!
January is the worst time of year for keeping your house free of mud, water and grey slush. Keep your entry room organized, efficient and well decorated this January with these simple mudroom design tips:
1. If you have kids, design your mudroom with them in mind. Keep the entranceway space open and coat hooks low to the ground so kids are more likely to hang their up their clothes.
2. Never underestimate the importance of a bench in a mudroom. With a bench in your mudroom you are less likely to track dirt around the house while looking for a place to take off your shoes. Plus if it’s a storage bench you have extra storage space.
3. Utilize plenty of multi-purpose shelving space. Active families require transitional storage units with multiple lockers and hooks for each family member. If you have kids in sports, mudroom lockers would help keep all their equipment organized in one place.
4. Design a space that is functional and efficient for everyone. Coat hooks are more effective than hangers at keeping your space organized. Additional things like wall outlets give family members extra charging space for their phones.
5. Take advantage of your mudroom space by using vertical shelving units. Make sure to keep all storage cubbies at reachable distance for all family members. The more storage areas you have the easier it will be to organize backpacks, lunch boxes, hats or whatever else you need.
6. Double the function of your mudroom. Use the space opposite your mudroom as a small office and work area.
7. Use your mudroom as a storage space for your pet’s belongings. Mudrooms are the perfect place to clean off wet pets and to house water and food bowls.
Closet Works offers custom organization systems for mudrooms of all shapes and sizes. To get started with Closet Works today visit our website at www.closetworks.com or call us at 800-425-6738 for your in home consultation. Start making the most of your mudroom today.