As a designer I’m often ask how to get the biggest impact with the littlest effort.
My answer is surprisingly simple!
Consider simple fixes for the seasons:
Combining unexpected colors and textures can help to invigorate any space. Try using vibrant pops of color in rooms with subtle, thoughtful designs to create truly dramatic living spaces. Keeping backgrounds neutral will allow you to explore all of the trends of the seasons without breaking the bank.
Don’t forget the fresh green. It’s the perfect time of year to bring the outdoors inside. Beautifully planted window boxes outside key windows not only add the vibrant pops of color we hunger for this time of year, but they also make it very easy to clip those beautiful blooms and bring them indoors. I love to keep a little vase of fresh flowers on the counter in my dressing area. It’s always a great little treat to start my day on the right foot. Just a couple of these simple suggestions can bring a new life to your home season after season.
If you just love terrific tips that are easy to implement - here are seven super ideas for organizing your electronics:
1. TOILET PAPER ROLLS - it seems a little crazy at first, but saving your toilet paper rolls and then tucking your chords inside them is a recycling idea of the highest caliber. Stand them up inside an area of a drawer so they fit nicely and don't move around - then stuff a chord inside each one.
2. PLASTIC BREAD TIES - Save the plastic bread tie closures from your bread loaves, use a sharpie marker to label with the devices you own, then slide over the chord near where you plug it in and you'll have an easy identifier. Much easier than using tape and writing on that.
3. ZIPLOC BAGS - I love using ziploc bags for storing things. And my favorite part? They are clear so you can easily, quickly see what's stored inside them. No having to count on your memory about what you put in each one. Wonderfully effecient.
4. STACKABLE PAPER TRAYS - Available at any office supply store - repurpose the paper trays to stack your electronics and small items. The storage is shallow which makes it perfect for small items like cell phones, digital cameras and keys.
5. FOAM PIPE INSULATION - Sold at home improvement stores, you can cut different lengths and then stuff your chords inside. Easy in, easy out and protective. You could put labels on the outside and color with some markers for easier identification.
6. BINDER CLIPS - get some larger ones, attach one end onto your desk top or other counter top and then use the silver clippy handle part to slide your electronics through and keep easily accessible.
7.SILVERWARE DIVIDERS - found at places like The Container Store or Bed, Bath and Beyond and available in many different styles, from wicker to metal to plastic, these pre-organized organizers are great, simple solutions that can be matched to your decor and kept visible, or stashedi inside a drawer or cabinet.
So which one is your favorite? Or what secret closet organizer tips do you have for keeping life easier to manage?