We recently helped a client with a custom project for their home office/guest room. This very creative client made unique requests that provided us with new and exciting design challenges. The requests included:
- A queen size wall bed with a television attached to the outside of the bed
- Two pivoting desks that would slide into a compartment on the side of the room when the bed was needed
- A countertop for the desk leg compartment that could fold down when the leg was in and fold up to be flush with the rest of the counter when desk was out
- Maximum storage for files and office items as well as space for linens for the bed
- Locked storage cabinet for firearms
We knew that this would be a very custom wall bed/home office project for us. So, we enlisted two of our talented engineers to help make this project happen. Together we came up with a custom design to present to our client. After a few tweaks, we had a final plan for their home office. We engineered and built a curved leg with wheels that allowed the support leg to move smoothly on carpet. The final installation was beautifully completed by one of our talented installers. To complete the look of the room, we included some designer details such as frosted glass, LED lighting and attractive hardware components.
Our client is now in love with their bedroom/office multipurpose room! See the the full set of pictures HERE
Do you have an area in your house that needs a custom storage solution? To start the process of customizing your own space, browse our options and accessories section for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a member of our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 1-800-4-CLOSET.
January is the worst time of year for keeping your house free of mud, water and grey slush. Keep your entry room organized, efficient and well decorated this January with these simple mudroom design tips:
1. If you have kids, design your mudroom with them in mind. Keep the entranceway space open and coat hooks low to the ground so kids are more likely to hang their up their clothes.
2. Never underestimate the importance of a bench in a mudroom. With a bench in your mudroom you are less likely to track dirt around the house while looking for a place to take off your shoes. Plus if it’s a storage bench you have extra storage space.
3. Utilize plenty of multi-purpose shelving space. Active families require transitional storage units with multiple lockers and hooks for each family member. If you have kids in sports, mudroom lockers would help keep all their equipment organized in one place.
4. Design a space that is functional and efficient for everyone. Coat hooks are more effective than hangers at keeping your space organized. Additional things like wall outlets give family members extra charging space for their phones.
5. Take advantage of your mudroom space by using vertical shelving units. Make sure to keep all storage cubbies at reachable distance for all family members. The more storage areas you have the easier it will be to organize backpacks, lunch boxes, hats or whatever else you need.
6. Double the function of your mudroom. Use the space opposite your mudroom as a small office and work area.
7. Use your mudroom as a storage space for your pet’s belongings. Mudrooms are the perfect place to clean off wet pets and to house water and food bowls.
Closet Works offers custom organization systems for mudrooms of all shapes and sizes. To get started with Closet Works today visit our website at www.closetworks.com or call us at 800-425-6738 for your in home consultation. Start making the most of your mudroom today.
It’s the beginning of the New Year and it’s time for New Year’s resolutions. People around the world will be organizing their lives and their homes in order to have a fresh start to 2014. In fact, National Get Organized Month begins this January. So, what are some of the benefits of getting organized?
1. You will save money!
Knowing where things are will prevent the purchase of duplicate items. This is also true with an organized kitchen. Having all your ingredients and cooking tools easy to locate and use will save you money on eating out. Lastly, with an organized office area you will have an easier time tracking and managing your bills, saving you money on late fees and interest rates.
2. You will have more usable space
Organization will let you reclaim your dinner table and countertops. No more wasted space due to unnecessary clutter.
3. You will be more productive
Without the excess clutter in your life, you will be able to more easily focus on the tasks and goals ahead of you. By simplifying your workspaces, you will alleviate stress and anxiety.
4. You will have a sense of control
Being organized gives you a greater sense of control over your own life. This feeling builds confidence. You can develop and grow your self-esteem by making simple organizational changes in your living spaces.
Closet Works has been crafting sanctuaries and creating a sense of order for Chicagoland homes for more than two decades. They are currently celebrating their 27th year of creating custom storage solutions in the Chicagoland area and beyond.
For more information on Closet Works visit www.closetworks.com or call toll-free at 800-4-CLOSET (800-425-6738).