We would love to see a photo of your Closet Works organizational system! Starting now through
March 31, share a photo of your Closet Works installation with us and be entered to win a
$1,000 custom closet system!
It’s as simple as 1,2,3:
1. Visit http://woobox.com/8v9v6v and fill out the entry form.
2. Share your photo entry with friends.
3. The photos with the most votes will win!
16 prizes Awarded:
One grand prize winner will receive a new closet system up to $1,000 in value.
Five second place winners will receive a $250 VISA gift card.
Ten third place winners will receive a $25 VISA gift card.
We will stop accepting submissions on March 31 and voting will end on April 13. Winners will
be announced on April 17. For a full list of contest details, including the contest rules, visit http://woobox.com/8v9v6v.
We recently helped a client with a custom project for their home office/guest room. This very creative client made unique requests that provided us with new and exciting design challenges. The requests included:
- A queen size wall bed with a television attached to the outside of the bed
- Two pivoting desks that would slide into a compartment on the side of the room when the bed was needed
- A countertop for the desk leg compartment that could fold down when the leg was in and fold up to be flush with the rest of the counter when desk was out
- Maximum storage for files and office items as well as space for linens for the bed
- Locked storage cabinet for firearms
We knew that this would be a very custom wall bed/home office project for us. So, we enlisted two of our talented engineers to help make this project happen. Together we came up with a custom design to present to our client. After a few tweaks, we had a final plan for their home office. We engineered and built a curved leg with wheels that allowed the support leg to move smoothly on carpet. The final installation was beautifully completed by one of our talented installers. To complete the look of the room, we included some designer details such as frosted glass, LED lighting and attractive hardware components.
Our client is now in love with their bedroom/office multipurpose room! See the the full set of pictures HERE
Do you have an area in your house that needs a custom storage solution? To start the process of customizing your own space, browse our options and accessories section for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a member of our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 1-800-4-CLOSET.
January is the worst time of year for keeping your house free of mud, water and grey slush. Keep your entry room organized, efficient and well decorated this January with these simple mudroom design tips:
1. If you have kids, design your mudroom with them in mind. Keep the entranceway space open and coat hooks low to the ground so kids are more likely to hang their up their clothes.
2. Never underestimate the importance of a bench in a mudroom. With a bench in your mudroom you are less likely to track dirt around the house while looking for a place to take off your shoes. Plus if it’s a storage bench you have extra storage space.
3. Utilize plenty of multi-purpose shelving space. Active families require transitional storage units with multiple lockers and hooks for each family member. If you have kids in sports, mudroom lockers would help keep all their equipment organized in one place.
4. Design a space that is functional and efficient for everyone. Coat hooks are more effective than hangers at keeping your space organized. Additional things like wall outlets give family members extra charging space for their phones.
5. Take advantage of your mudroom space by using vertical shelving units. Make sure to keep all storage cubbies at reachable distance for all family members. The more storage areas you have the easier it will be to organize backpacks, lunch boxes, hats or whatever else you need.
6. Double the function of your mudroom. Use the space opposite your mudroom as a small office and work area.
7. Use your mudroom as a storage space for your pet’s belongings. Mudrooms are the perfect place to clean off wet pets and to house water and food bowls.
Closet Works offers custom organization systems for mudrooms of all shapes and sizes. To get started with Closet Works today visit our website at www.closetworks.com or call us at 800-425-6738 for your in home consultation. Start making the most of your mudroom today.
It’s the beginning of the New Year and it’s time for New Year’s resolutions. People around the world will be organizing their lives and their homes in order to have a fresh start to 2014. In fact, National Get Organized Month begins this January. So, what are some of the benefits of getting organized?
1. You will save money!
Knowing where things are will prevent the purchase of duplicate items. This is also true with an organized kitchen. Having all your ingredients and cooking tools easy to locate and use will save you money on eating out. Lastly, with an organized office area you will have an easier time tracking and managing your bills, saving you money on late fees and interest rates.
2. You will have more usable space
Organization will let you reclaim your dinner table and countertops. No more wasted space due to unnecessary clutter.
3. You will be more productive
Without the excess clutter in your life, you will be able to more easily focus on the tasks and goals ahead of you. By simplifying your workspaces, you will alleviate stress and anxiety.
4. You will have a sense of control
Being organized gives you a greater sense of control over your own life. This feeling builds confidence. You can develop and grow your self-esteem by making simple organizational changes in your living spaces.
Closet Works has been crafting sanctuaries and creating a sense of order for Chicagoland homes for more than two decades. They are currently celebrating their 27th year of creating custom storage solutions in the Chicagoland area and beyond.
For more information on Closet Works visit www.closetworks.com or call toll-free at 800-4-CLOSET (800-425-6738).
Thank you to our friends and customers for making 2013 the best year in our 27 year history of providing organizational systems to the Chicagoland area. During this year we have added nearly $1,000,000 of new CNC woodworking equipment and doubled the size of our closet design facility. More than 80 people at Closet Works are working to serve you and your custom closet design needs, thank you for the opportunity.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Small laundry rooms can make it tough for doing laundry. Cramped, narrow spaces mean you have very few places to set your essential laundry items, let alone the laundry itself. You might be forced to squeeze into a small laundry room that simply won’t accommodate your needs. However, with a bit of creativity, you can maximize the space of a small laundry room and turn this oft-used room into a pleasant space.
Here are some small laundry room ideas that can help you get organized and make you look forward to doing laundry.
A stackable washer and dryer system can make the most of your vertical space. This can leave room for wall-mounted laundry room cabinets for more storage, or other useful space-saving items like flip-down drying racks or storage towers. In small laundry rooms, space is at a premium, so a stackable system can free up valuable floor area as well, making room for laundry baskets, more laundry room cabinets, or even valuable surface area.
Simple tools for a small laundry room
Ideas abound for your small laundry room when it comes to found storage options. If you don’t have the space for laundry room cabinets, consider stackable storage boxes with lids that can also serve as valuable surface area. Narrow rolling carts can slip into the tiniest of spaces. Wire wall racks can serve to hold detergents and other items. Items that work in kitchens can also serve up ideas for your small laundry room, such as cabinet door hangers, dish bins and wall hangers.
Pretty up your small laundry room
Just because you have a small laundry room doesn’t mean it doesn’t have to feel that way, especially when you spend a lot of time there. Consider a new paint job or perhaps a bit of decals or wallpaper. Bright colors can open up a small space, and uniform colors can give your small laundry room a much larger feel. A bright ceiling light can make the laundry room feel less cramped. At the very least, a decorative touch can make a small laundry room more pleasant to use.
Despite being a heavily used area in the home, the laundry room is often overlooked when it comes to home improvement projects. It is sometimes easier to simply close the door than to consider making use of this busy part of the home. Fortunately, with today’s storage solutions and innovative laundry cabinets, the laundry room can quickly become one of the best rooms in your home. Here are some ways to make the most of your laundry room organization.
Optimize your existing laundry room space
No matter the size of your laundry room, you have the opportunity to do big things if your space is properly maximized. Use closed front-end cabinets to keep a small space functioning without the clutter. Laundry room cabinets can be customized to fit the space you have and maximize your laundry room storage. Also, make sure to utilize bright and cheery lighting to make the room feel bigger.
A place for everything and everything in its place
Designate a space for all the items you need to keep handy when using you laundry room. This will simplify the laundry process, and allow you to quickly and easily maneuver around your space. If you are short on places to put items then try to be creative with the empty spaces in the room. For instance, vertical spaces are good for additional laundry room cabinets that can be used to hold essential items.
Decorate your laundry room
Take advantage of your design know-how and decorate your laundry room with colors, curtains and wall decals. Use uniform colors in smaller laundry rooms to give the room a more pulled-together and bigger feel. Also, serene color choices and wall decals will help give the space its own personality. For larger laundry rooms, recessed lighting can be used to highlight the essential items.
Add additional laundry room storage
Laundry rooms can become great multi-purpose rooms through the use of additional storage solutions. Also, extra laundry room storage space can allow homeowners to hide unsightly work items. There are cabinet and storage solutions for just about any need, so don’t be afraid to indulge your creative side with a variety of additional laundry room cabinets or other storage options.
Closet Works offers custom organization systems for laundry rooms of all shapes and sizes. To get started with Closet Works today visit our website at www.closetworks.com or call us at 800-425-6738 for your in home consultation. Start making the most of your laundry room today.
A well-stocked and well-organized pantry is the key to Thanksgiving dinner success. Unfortunately, the pantry is often one of the messiest spaces in the home. This is because most pantries are not designed with organizational systems and features to control the clutter that naturally develops over time. This Thanksgiving prepare yourself with a custom pantry storage system that will help keep you and your family organized now and for years to come.
With a custom designed pantry storage system there is:
- No more time spent cleaning or sorting through old and empty food containers and chip packets
- No more cluttered and wasted storage space
- No more hide and seek with misplaced boxes and jars
- No more money spent on unnecessary grocery visits to buy items you already own but can’t easily see
- No more worry when entertaining guests in the kitchen
Interested in pantry organization? Then check out this video to see a Closet Works pantry organization project go from start to finish.
To start the process of customizing your own pantry organizational system, browse our options and accessories section for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a member of our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 800-4-CLOSET if you'd like to personally discuss your pantry organization needs with one of our specialists.
It’s easy to understand why more and more people are getting in on the recent Murphy bed trend. Once considered old-fashioned, the practicalities - and space saving benefits - of Wall beds appeal more than ever to those who want or need rooms with multiple uses such as an office being used as a guest room.
Wall beds, also known as murphy beds, are attractive when they're part of a built-in cabinet
attached to your home's wall. The idea is that when folded or in the closed position, no one
would ever know that the cabinet is indeed a wall bed. Built-in storage is available on each side of the bed, and is completely customizable and designed to work with your individual space. Features such as bookshelves and mirrors on the wall above the bed, as well as built-in lighting, are possible options.
Wall beds only take a second to operate and can be opened and closed with one hand. Bedding can stay on the mattress and be tucked in so it's hidden when the bed is folded away. Best of all murphy beds come in all sizes: twin, full, queen, and king.
Closet Works designers can help you turn your space into a well organized multi-purpose room.
Craft rooms, storage rooms or offices can serve as a guest room in a matter of seconds with
a murphy bed. Everything in the room can be well organized so the room is always ready for
whatever use is needed at the time.
Let Closet Works help you make the most out of any space, from wall-beds to pantries, and
everything in-between. Design, fabricate and install - we do it all!
Call for a free in-home consultation, or visit our showroom: 2000 N. Clybourn Ave, Chicago IL.
So you’ve decided that your closet needs a complete refresh. Well, where do you start? Here at Closet Works, we encourage our customers to consider some of the following questions when choosing the right custom closet design.
Shirts, Slacks, and Scarves:
- Are your shirts hung on a hanger or folded in the closet?
- Do you hang your slacks the long way or do you fold them on a hanger?
- Do you fold or hang your scarves or both?
- Do you want to have a place to sit to put on shoes in the closet?
- What is your shoe size?
- What is the height of your highest shoe?
Belts, Handbags, and Jewelry:
- How many rolled belts do you have? Do you want them to be hung in the closet?
- What is the size of your tallest and deepest handbag?
- Do you want closet storage for jewelry? Does it need to be safe guarded or displayed?
- Do you need a hamper for laundry and for dry-cleaning?
- Do you want to be able to iron or steam your clothes in the closet?
Lighting, mirrors and electronics:
- Do you need lighting design in your closet?
- Do you want a mirror incorporated into the closet design?
- Do you want an electronics charging station in the closet?
There are thousands of ways to organize a closet, your closet should be as unique as you. The above list of considerations is just the first step in designing your perfect closet. Let one of the talented closet designers at Closet Works help you achieve that perfect closet design.
- Do you require drawer dividers in the closet? Should they be removable?
- How many ties, shoes, bags, shirts, dresses and jackets do you have? Which is the longest tallest and widest?
- Do you have any unusual closet storage needs such as specialty clothing for sports?