With Labor Day weekend approaching we would like to thank the entire Closet Works team for their incredible work in helping us deliver the best possible products while supporting the USA. Together we are contributing to a quarter century long tradition of designing, engineering, and fabricating Closet Works organizational systems in the USA!
Thank you for all your hard work and have a great Labor Day weekend!
Back to school season can be both exciting and overwhelming! As the routines of summer come to a close you have to prepare yourself for the chaos that often comes with the first few weeks of the new school year. One of the biggest issues during a school-day morning is getting your kids dressed and ready for the day. By investing time in organized closet storage and routine for your kids you can alleviate much of the morning stress that comes with the new school year.
The first step in back-to-school prep and closet organization is to assess your child's current closet storage space. Take all clothing items out of the old closet and have your child try them on. Anything that does not fit should be sorted into a donate or discard pile while all the rest of the items should be put into a keep pile.
The next step is to define the area or closet space that you and your child will be using throughout the school year. Take any and all measurements while the space is empty of all clothes and other items. This will be hugely important in helping you choose the best custom closet solution for the space and for your needs. Check out our ideas gallery for some inspiration.
The last step is to invest in bins for your child’s closet organization. Kids are not usually concerned with making sure that everything is put away perfectly. By using a closet organizer bin system for your child’s toys and other items you will be ensuring that everything will be put away. Make sure to use labels and clear containers to help you and your child clearly and easily see where everything is supposed to go.
To start the process of customizing your own closet organization system, browse our closet gallery for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a member of our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 800-4-CLOSET.
We recently discovered this wonderful closet organization infographic created by the good people at Apartment Geeks. The infographic presents ways to help people simplify their closet so that they can simplify their lives and hopefully save money!
The image covers a lot of the organization tips and tricks to maximize your closet storage space like we’ve been discussing here at Closet Works. It does an excellent job of sharing these closet organization tips in a simple, memorable way. We are definitely going to keep this one close for our future cleaning and closet organization sessions!
During this past winter we shared with you some of the heart-warming compliments we received from our customers. These wonderful compliments are hugely important to our closet designers and the entire Closet Works team. This motivates us to continue to give customers exceptional and memorable custom closet experiences. As we continue on into the late summer months we wanted to share with you some of the recent kind words we have received from people all over Chicagoland. Thank you for your continued support!!
Daniel C. Yelp.com
“As an interior designer my personal relationships with vendors is something that I truly cherish.
I've recently had the pleasure of working with a Closet Works designer on a project and have since brought her on to all my current projects. She has gone above and beyond making sure all my client needs are met and has made me look like a rockstar.
Recently I had a tiff with one tile showroom and the service experience was awful. Five minutes later I spoke with Closet Works and what they did blew me away. There was a slight mix up on an installation and they took care of everything for me. They told me it was no big deal because service is what they want to give me. I couldn't believe how wonderful this was when I just had such a bad experience with the tile showroom downtown. Needless to say Closet Works is my go to shop for all my future closets. The installation guy took care of everything that needed to be done and was also a pleasure to work with.
If you're in need of a closet reworking, call Closet Works to help you out. The pricing, service, product and installation are great! There is no need to go anywhere else.
Thanks to Closet Works and their team for everything.”
Marcia B. Yelp.com
“Closet Works transformed my closets. We were combining houses and had to get everything into the closets at the smaller of the two. The Closet Works designer’s design made effective use of all the space (we have very high ceilings). She did such a phenomenal job on the closets that when we were done, we had her build-in our office. She was with us every step of the way. She made sure our scheduling worked. And any time an installer was on the job, she came to check up on how it was going. No detail went unnoticed.
Turned out that there was some stuff we wished we had done differently. Not to worry. The designer modified what we got to be what we now knew we wanted. She took back the stuff we didn't need and credited us for it.”
After it was all done, I needed help moving a shelf. The designer came over the same day and got it perfectly positioned.
Some of my neighbors have been over to see what we had done and were just blown away at what she had accomplished.
Couldn't have been a better experience.”
Want to get started on your own custom closet project this Summer? Call us toll free at 800-4-CLOSET or visit us our appointment page to set up a free consultation with one of our closet designers.
There is nothing like the feeling of coming home after a long days work to be greeted by the clutter of yesterday. It’s exhausting to have to clean and organize the same spaces in your home everyday. That’s why the best solution is not just to clean and organize, but to keep the mess from reappearing. Of all the cluttered spaces in our homes, the most vulnerable to excess clutter are the entryway/mudroom and the closet spaces. These home organization tips will alleviate the clutter build up in these two hot spot spaces in your home.
Entryway / Mudroom Organization Ideas
- If you have an entryway without anywhere to store coats, shoes, purses or other important items then take time to organize your items into keep, toss, donate and re-locate piles.
- Once the items are removed, brainstorm storage ideas on the best way to use your entryway space. Do you need baskets for shoes or bags? Hooks for coats or keys?
- Sometimes the best solution is to make one simple change, like relocating less worn items to the bedroom.
- If you are adding a new entryway or mudroom organization system then make sure to let your family know just how you would like to have the new space organized.
Closet Storage Ideas
- Choose your first, most cluttered closet or shelf to begin organizing. Remove all the items in the space and sort using the keep, toss, donate, and re-locate method.
- Once the space is empty, think about ways to improve your closet organization. Is it set up in a logical way, with the most important items easily accessible? Is there a hamper or basket for laundry? Do you need to add more dividers?
- Try and simplify and limit your clothing options so that your closet space doesn’t attract excess mess.
- If the clutter seems uncontrollable the best solution can often be a custom closet system tailored to your exact organization needs.
By spending some time organizing these two clutter-attracting areas you will greatly improve the look and feel of your home.
Do you have an area in your house that needs a custom storage solution? To start the process of customizing your own space, browse our options and accessories section for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a designer from our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 1-800-4-CLOSET.
A big part of closet organization has to do with maintaining your wardrobe. A lot of the time this means getting rid of clothes in order to downsize and make room for new clothes. Well, what happens when you’re short on cash and can’t afford to buy a new outfit every month? Sometimes the best solution is to make your clothes last longer. With proper care and storage you can really extend the life of your wardrobe and save money in the long run.
- When washing use the coldest water possible for your clothes. Using cold water saves energy and money, and prevents shrinking and wrinkling.
- Avoid over-using dry cleaning. Dry cleaning is expensive, and the harsh chemicals will harm your clothes.
- If you can, avoid the dryer at all costs. Dryers weaken the fibers in your clothes. Line dry your clothes if you can, or get a drying rack.
- Wash your clothes less. The agitating, tumbling, and coming in contact with other garments can cause fading, stretching, pulling, and other damage to your clothes.
- Choose the right clothes for each activity. If you know things are going to get messy, put on something durable that you won’t mind getting dirty.
- Invest in hangars with wood or plush arms. Wire and plastic hangers can stretch out the shoulders of your garments. Also, always fold knits and heavy sweaters, they will stretch out on a hanger.
- Store off-season clothing in a cool, dark, dry place. Avoiding excess moisture will discourage mold growth. Keeping your clothes out of sunlight will prevent them from fading.
- Never store clothes in plastic. Fibers need to breathe and plastic traps moisture, which can cause mildew, odors and color changes. Store clothes in breathable garment bags to let air flow in and out. You can add scented pieces to keep the clothing smelling fresh.
- Repair your clothes before putting them away. This will dramatically extend the life of each garment. If your favorite sweater or blouse loses a button or has a seam open up, fix the problem instead of retiring that item of clothing.
- Rotate your wardrobe to avoid wearing out your favorites, especially for kids’ clothes.
The importance of storage and cleaning in maintaining your clothes cannot be overstated. Make the most of these tips and consider a custom storage solution to help you save more money on the clothes that you wear.
Do you have an area in your house that needs a custom storage solution? To start the process of customizing your own space, browse our options and accessories section for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a member of our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 1-800-4-CLOSET.
Our professional and hard working team members are the best trained and most experienced in the industry. They are involved in every step of your design and installation process for custom closet and organizational systems. Their expertise and craftsmanship help Closet Works set the standard for excellence in premium personal spaces. See the Closet Works team below:
Award Winning Designers
Highly Skilled Engineers Engineers
Polite and Professional Installers
Dedicated Customer Service
High Quality Manufacturing
Do you have an area in your house that needs a custom storage solution from the Closet Works team? To start the process of customizing your own space, browse our options and accessories section for ideas and inspiration. Then set up an appointment for a free in-home consultation with a member of our Chicago space saving design team. Or you can call us toll free at 1-800-4-CLOSET.
July is AC appreciation month. That means its time for an updated wardrobe to match the unbearably hot summer weather. Whether you’re trying to stay cool or trying to stay organized consider these wardrobe editing tips to help you manage the clutter in your bedroom closet.
1. Put away your winter clothes
Nothing takes up more space in your closet than unused clothes. This July, take some time to store your winter clothes in an out of the way, but easily accessible, place such as an attic or basement. This will ensure that your closet space is not overwhelmed with heavy sweaters and jackets.
2. Donate your old summer clothes
Before the severe heat kicks in, you will want to pass on any clothes that no longer suit you. This is especially relevant to those trendy, but now out-of-date, clothes you purchased several summers ago. This will free up some extra space for you in your closet that will come in handy later.
3. Ensure your delicate clothes have a safe place in your closet
Summer outfits consist of much more fragile items than the winter months. You will want to ensure that your dresses, shirts, and pants are put on hangers that won’t snag or wrinkle any vulnerable summer clothes.
4. Consider a closet organizing system
Summer clothes take up less space than winter outfits, but also require more accessories. Consider a closet organizing system with unique storage options such as shelf dividers, bins, and accessory drawer inserts. These organization systems can help you keep your tank tops, t-shirts, shorts, bracelets, and necklaces safely put away, but easily accessible.
5. Find a place for your shoes
During the summer new, and ever changing, shoe to outfit combinations are a hot commodity. Because of this you will need more space to store your shoes. Consider implementing a shoe bin in your closet system. You can also go with a unit that includes a shoe fence.
Hopefully these tips will help keep your closet space open and breezy this July!
There are thousands of ways to organize a closet, your closet should be as unique as you. The above list of considerations is just the first step in designing your perfect closet. Let one of the talented closet designers at Closet Works help you achieve that perfect closet design.
Summer is here and that means only one thing: Outdoor parties with family and friends! Many of you will be using your garage space to host guests. This is an excellent idea, as the garage is the perfect space for keeping you, your guests, and your refreshments cool and safe from the hot summer conditions. Before getting started transforming your garage into a place you can use for entertaining friends, consider the following tips:
1. Store and organize the loose things inside your garage
By organizing, and putting away the clutter in your garage you are keeping items safe and easy to access after parties. A garage organization system with a slat wall can be a huge help in keeping brooms, tools, and other equipment in their place. Consider using your backyard or other areas of your home as extra temporary storage space.
2. Remove all chemical products and other dangerous materials
Make sure that safety for your guests is your number one priority. You don’t want anyone, especially kids, to accidentally harm themselves from equipment, tools, or other chemicals not properly put away.
3. Create a walkway or clear path in your garage area
By creating a space to maneuver while hosting in your garage you will avoid problems with moving furniture and other difficult equipment. A storage organizer is the perfect solution to creating instant space in your garage. For garage storage organizer ideas, click here.
4. Decorate your garage with plants, flowers, and themed party decor (especially on July 4th!).
Spend some time decorating your garage to make it feel homier and more comfortable for your guests. Choosing bright summery colors will go a long way in setting a positive tone for your party.
5. Consider keeping extra food and appetizers in your kitchen pantry
Having an organized kitchen pantry will make the process of grabbing extra food and refreshment refills easier and less time consuming. This will give you more time to spend with your guests. For kitchen pantry organization ideas, click here.
And remember, don’t forget to have fun! Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Houzz for more inspirational organization tips and tricks.
Closet Works offers custom organization systems for rooms of all shapes and sizes. To get started with Closet Works today visit our website at www.closetworks.com or call us at 800-425-6738 for a free in home consultation.
From belt-racks and jewelry boxes, your closet system will benefit from closet organizing accessories. Take a look at some of what we have to offer in our excellent selection of closet accessories.
Clear shelf divider:
Pull out hamper with basket and liner:
Jewelry divider insert:
Jewelry drawer lock:
Slide out belt rack:
Many of these accessories come in different styles and colors. So let us know what you would like in your next custom closet system!
Want to get started on your own Closet Works project this summer? Call us toll free at 800-4-CLOSET or visit us our appointment page to set up a free consultation.