Career Opportunities: Join the Team
Founded in 1987, Closet Works is the premier custom closet and space planning company in the Chicago area. With approximately 100 employees, it is a family owned company with a friendly atmosphere and a team centered, positive work environment. We have two primary locations — the office and production facility in Elmhurst, IL and our Showroom on Clybourn Avenue in Chicago, IL.
Closet Works is currently experiencing rapid growth and positions are available. We are always excited to find the right person to join our team! Please make any job inquiries to the Human Resources Department by uploading your resume using the file uploader at the bottom of this page, or send an email at email@example.com and enter the position description in the subject line.
Job Title: Sales & Design Consultant
Closet Works seeks professional Sales and Design Consultants. We are always looking for individuals with experience working with clients in the plan and design of residential and commercial storage solutions. Our Sales and Design Consultant positions are commissioned based and require the ability to meet with clients in Chicago and its surrounding suburbs, draw sketches, develop CAD drawings and have extraordinary customer service experience. If you feel you meet these qualifications, we want to hear from you!
Location: Flexible — work from home or at either of our two Closet Works locations in Elmhurst and Chicago.
You may send your resume along with any sample photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the file uploader below. Should your qualifications meet an open position within our company, we will be in contact with you.
Job Title: Closet Installer
Closet Works seeks courteous and professional Installers to install our closet systems in customer homes.
- Positions are available for full-time and part-time — part time must be available to work full days and willing to work at least 2 days per week
- Must be able to work flexible hours — start time is between 7 and 7:30 am, end time will vary
- Must be able to work at least one Saturday per month
- Daily travel throughout the Chicago Metro area in a Closet Works delivery vehicle is required
- Must have a valid drivers license and good driving record
- Must be able to load and unload heavy closet systems from our vehicles
- Experience with general carpentry and finish skills desirable
- A Closet Works uniform will be provided for work
- Holiday pay
- Benefits available for full-time employees
Location: Elmhurst Illinois.
Please apply in person for this position by filling out an application at the Elmhurst facility located at 953 N. Larch Ave., Elmhurst IL 60126.
Job Title: Junior Digital Designer & Production Assistant
The digital designer/production assistant will be responsible for page layout and print production of marketing materials such as catalogs and flyers, delivery of accurate press-ready files, photo retouching, front end web maintenance including editing existing web pages using basic html and css, assist in content development by writing SEO friendly image and web descriptions, upload images to social media sites, assist staff in basic PowerPoint and Keynote presentations, maintenance of photo image library.
- Prepare artwork for multiple media applications (e.g., print, website)
- Assist with creating a wide range of client and internal communications
- Web maintenance and web development assistance, using HTML and CSS
- Assist with creating and updating print brochures, heavy photo retouching, and maintenance of photo library
- Assist Manager with the creation of new, SEO friendly web content in the form of image descriptions, alt tags and well formed paragraphs
- Works seamlessly with others to complete projects in a timely manner, including updating and modifying materials
- Creative collaboration involvement with Creative Manager
- General department administrative duties (e.g., presentations, light customer service tasks)
- Assist with both onsite and offsite photo shoots
- Other duties assigned by manager within the scope of responsibilities of this position
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably a B.A. or B.F.A., with a dual emphasis in Graphic Design and Web Design a plus
- Strong level of expertise using Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, DreamWeaver, Illustrator and a strong emphasis in Photoshop
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- SEO and Google Analytics knowledge a plus, but not required
- Good writing skills and ability to create web friendly content from supplied assets
- Minimum 1 year of working experience a plus, but not required
- Strong computer skills and experience working on a Mac platform
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Must have strong and confident knowledge of grammatical standards and applications
- Excellent organizational, time management and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and partner with other members of the organization and to build positive business relationships
- Experience with Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Must be able to pass drug test
Location: Elmhurst Illinois.
Please upload your resume, cover letter, and a link to your online porfolio using the file uploader below. You may include sample jpg images or pdf files with your application, but they are not required as long as you have an online portfolio. Maximum file upload is 10mg.
Closet Works Lincoln Park Showroom
2112 N. Clybourn Ave. (free parking)
Chicago, IL 60614
H: Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
H: Saturday: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
H: Sunday: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Closet Works Headquarters & Production Facility
953 N. Larch Ave.
Elmhurst, IL 60126
H: Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM